Check out the new Halfmileproject.org bog!
Learn about the Halfmile Project, the leading source of Pacific Crest Trail maps, trail notes, elevation profiles and smartphone applications at Halfmileproject.org.
The Halfmile PCT Android App is now available from Google Play
Halfmile’s PCT smartphone apps are a companion app to printed maps to aid navigation on the Pacific Crest Trail. The Android versions is available free from Google Play, the iPhone version is available free from the iTunes app store. See the help document at this link.
Welcome to Halfmile's Pacific Crest Trail Maps
Halfmile’s maps are the most current and accurate Pacific Crest Trail maps available and widely used by both section hikers and thru-hikers on the Pacific Crest Trail. Halfmile has spent many months with a GPS logging the trail and marking PCT landmarks on hikes from 2007 - 2012.
What others are saying about Halfmile’s PCT maps
Go with Halfmile's Maps. I know it looks intimidating at first, but they are simple, and most importantly, reliable.
Wired, PCT 2011 in her very popular blog
Many hikers used Halfmile's maps this year, and they were mostly much happier than those who used Eric The Black's books….I'll admit that I found Eric's maps to be more pleasing to the eye, but Halfmile's are more accurate. Guess which is more important...My recommendation, if you need one, is that you go with Halfmile's maps...
-Guthook, PCT 2010 in his excellent blog
Halfmile’s PCT maps [are] excellent, free PCT maps. The most accurate that I’v seen so far.
-Freebird, PCT 2010 in his Trail Journal
If I did it again I would print out and use Halfmile’s maps. I think of all the maps I saw they were the best, plus they were free.
-Chance, PCT 2010 on Whiteblaze
My friends and I have been hiking sections of PCT over the past three years and have used every map type there is, but Halfmile's maps are the best we have ever used.
-Kodak Karen, PCT section hiker
What’s so great about Halfmile’s PCT maps?
- Based on GPS data from 2007 through 2012 PCT hikes. These are the most current and accurate PCT maps available.
- Halfmile's maps are in color and easy to read. A larger 1:31680 scale (1 inch = 1/2 mile) scale is used.
- Halfmile’s maps are relatively large, formatted for 8.5 x 11 inch printing, for easier navigation.
- Waypoints mark the trail every half mile, trail mileage is noted on the maps every two miles.
- Waypoints for water sources, campsites, road crossings and other useful hiker landmarks.
- Every twist and turn and switchback of the trail is shown to help with navigation.
- Waypoints and tracks are available for downloading to your GPS, so your GPS screen and paper maps exactly match.
- Halfmile's maps are easy to download and print .pdf files. Download just one multipage file for each section of the PCT. All you need is the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software to print the maps.
- Halfmile's maps are free for personal or educational use.
Send comments or questions to [email protected]
Help protect, preserve and promote the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail.
Donate to the Pacific Crest Trail Association.