California Maps, Section A-R, updated 1/30/18 at 7pm
Oregon Maps, Section B-G, updated 1/31/18 at 2pm
Washington Maps, Sections H-L, updated 1/31/18 at 2:30pm
Halfmile Trail Notes updated, 1/31/18 at 4:40pm
All GPS files updated 2/1/18 4:45pm
Google Earth file updated 2/1/18 4:45pm
See the What’s New Page for detailed update list.
Halfmile’s Pacific Crest Trail maps are the most current and accurate Pacific Crest Trail maps available and widely used by thru-hikers and section hikers. Halfmile and many other volunteers have spent months with a GPS logging the trail and marking PCT landmarks from 2007 – 2016.
What’s so great about Halfmile’s PCT maps?
- Based on very accurate GPS data.
- Free iPhone and Android smartphones apps using an exactly matching data set.
- Halfmile’s maps are in color and easy to read. A larger 1:31680 scale (1 inch = 1/2 mile) scale is used.
- Halfmile’s maps are relatively large, formatted for 8.5 x 11 inch printing, for easier navigation.
- Waypoints mark the trail every half mile, trail mileage is noted on the maps every two miles.
- Waypoints for water sources, campsites, road crossings and other useful hiker landmarks.
- Every twist and turn and switchback of the trail is shown to help with navigation.
- Waypoints and tracks are available for downloading to your GPS, so your GPS screen and paper maps exactly match.
- Amazing new elevation profiles.
- Halfmile’s maps are easy to download and print .pdf files. Download just one multipage file for each section of the PCT.
- All you need is free Adobe Acrobat Reader software to print the maps.
- Halfmile’s maps are free for personal or educational use.
Send comments or questions to [email protected]