The updated iPhone app includes a cool new “Trail Diagram” mode, simplified user interface, and the latest 2014 Halfmile data.
The updated Android app includes the latest 2014 Halfmile data and Minor bug fixes.
Both apps are designed to be a companion to Halfmile’s Pacific Crest Trail printed map set to aid navigation on the PCT. The app determines your location and, if on the PCT or one of its side trails, it calculates trail distances to 1,700 PCT landmarks and presents any trail notes relevant for the location.
Features of both apps include:
- Simulation mode for hike planning and hiker support
- Provides specific “how to walk there” instructions for all points
- Live trail diagram with optional compass orientation
- Calculates cumulative elevation gains and losses to all points
- Powerful search function for features like water sources, campsites, and resupply locations
- Calculates which printed map pages contain your location
- Works without cell phone service
- Download and Go — no extra configuration or data needed